Started a corporation with another party that breached the…

Customer Question
Started a corporation with another...
Started a corporation with another party that breached the agreement what are the steps I should take?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive business law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

In the case of a breach of contract, the non-breaching party should start by sending the breaching party a written notice of breach of contract and demand that the breaching party immediately remedy the breach. The notice should include a deadline within which to remedy the breach.

If the breaching party remedies the breach, the matter is closed.

If the breaching party does not remedy the breach or does not respond to the notice, the next step is to file suit against the breaching party. When filing suit, the non-breaching party should refer to the contract to check where a law suit must be brought (choice of venue clause) and whether there is a requirement that any dispute be brought before mediation or arbitration, as opposed to court.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 9 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.