Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I live at an apartment complex in SLC. I pay 50/month for

Customer Question
parking in the "secured" double...
I live at an apartment complex in SLC. I pay 50/month for parking in the "secured" double gated garage and 25/month for security cameras. I have had my car broken into twice. Both times the cameras were within 20ft of my car but they were offline. Do I have a case to sue the apartment complex for failing to provide a service that I pay for?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Utah, 2008
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, the second incident happened today and I just finished filing a police report
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thats pretty much the basic run down
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

I am sorry to hear that your vehicle has been broken into twice.

Yes, you do have a claim for breach of contract, in which you may be able to recover the $25/month. In addition, you may be able to recover the damages to your vehicle and the value of the stolen property. For this second claim, you will need to review your lease agreement and check the release of liability language. If this language is present you will need to argue that it does not cover a gross negligence of this type.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi