Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

As an Indepedent sales operator I was terminated in 2010.

Customer Question

As an Indepedent sales operator I was terminated in 2010. now found out, with proof , I should fhave been an Employee. Can I file FormSS8 now, 7 years later? HANS WEGNER(###) ###-####JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: nO, i DO HAVE MY CONTRACT WITH THE COMPANY
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: not at will , or union, but full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what is Statute OF Limitation to File SS8 with IRS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is probably no. The IRS says “Generally, you must file your claim for a credit or refund within 3 years from the date your original return was filed or within 2 years from the date the tax was paid, whichever is later. In your case, if it has been 7 years than the IRS is likely going to deny your submission of this particular claim. I apologize and I wish that I had some sort of other answer for you.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.