How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 770
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our son in Dallas has a live in girlfriend of a year and a

Customer Question

Our son in Dallas has a live in girlfriend of a year and a half. he wants her to move out, how can he legally get her out of the house. She doesn't want to go
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Dallas Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, he did talk to a constable about it but that's all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that she has a very volatile temper & is afraid of what she might do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

In order to evict a tenant (such as a live-in girlfriend), the landlord (your son) needs to serve the tenant with a 30 day notice of eviction (assuming there is no lease agreement). If the tenant does not move out within the notice period, the landlord needs to file an unlawful detainer suit. After there is a hearing regarding the unlawful detainer and the landlord prevails, the landlord can then serve the tenant with a write of possession and get the sheriff's office to assist with removing the tenant.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.