Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

On 8/19/2015 i signed an agreement to repay ---- for past

Customer Question

On 8/19/2015 i signed an agreement to repay ---- for past wages that employees said were owed to them. I was not the CEO or CFO ( i was literally "the last man standing " and the only high ranking company official left--company was being sold at the time of wage disputes ( Co. was sold ) )DOL came after me. I signed the agreement without benefit of a lawyer's assistance because i was fearful of legal consequences and i needed to move on a gain new employment.Now i feel that i should never have signed agreement and i'm suffering economic hardship as a result. CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO ASSIST ME ?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: HR ? THE COMPANY ASSETS WERE SOLD-ITS GONE
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: The employees that complained to DOL WERE AT WILL.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I THINK THATS IT
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ok, so did you personally sign on to pay back those wages?