Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

We sold/closed a manufactured home in Ladson SC June 7,

Customer Question

We sold/closed a manufactured home in Ladson SC June 7, 2017. We agreed to provide a 1 year home warranty However at the day we closed, this was not mentioned or stated on the closing documentation. All monies were paid and title transferred. Now 3+ months later they are still after us to pay. We did receive an order confirmation (not a bill) from the insurance company. However when I called them 2 weeks after closing they said this should have been addressed at the closing. Are we liable for the $470 bill?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Such as??
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience. Generally, the parol evidence rule prohibits any agreements that were made before or during the execution of the contract from being admitted into evidence in a contract dispute. Accordingly, if the other party were to take you to trial for breach of contract, they would not be able to include any oral representations about the home warranty. Accordingly, unless it is stated otherwise in a contract, then you are not required to pay for the home warranty.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.