I was a customer at target yesterday distracted by recent…

Customer Question
I was a customer at...
I was a customer at target yesterday distracted by recent tragedies and was accused of shoplifting ( I forgot about an item in my basket ( I'm currently on medication for a knee injury and the security guards and store staff belittled me, called me names , verbally assaulted me among other mistreatment.. I was completely distraught.. I offered to pay for the item they approached me as I was heading to the inside set of doors a plain clothes young black man seeing my struggle as my knee was in a brace and I left my medically required cane in the vehicle (as I was going to use the cart for support) .. he started to open the door for me and then said I'm going to need you to stop right there and come with me as another gentleman with a security shirt approached.. when I asked what was going on the black gentlemen (also security but I was unaware st first ) said .. you know exactly what's going on .. being under tremendous stress and the anniversary of my accident that almost killed me and the anniversary of my daddy dying. I have been diagnosed with severe PTSD , I am currently 100% disabled and on social security.. I was mistreated, arrested, having a severe panic attack for over 3 hours I was arrested booked for petty larceny and released hours later where I experienced horrific events( even a loud belligerent man who took out his penis and relieved himself all over the floor in front of us .. I have never been arrested in my life I was terrified I didn't understand why they wouldn't just let me pay for the merchandise. I literally cried for 5 hours and not on person offered me a tissue in the security office . And a target employee who was sitting next me as I was handcuffed and crying my eyes out asked one of the security guys who was st the desk across the room and instead of offering it to me to wipe my tears .. she blew her nose and threw it away.. also the security guards said they knew me well and have caught me before ( I assure I've never stepped foot in that target location before and have never shoplifted or been accused or arrested for anything ever) .. then when the St. Louis county police arrived before they ran my name the plain clothed security officer said I'm sure she had a record and the officer looked at me and said what am I gonna find when I run your name .. I responded tearfully and shaking as my anxiety attack was happening at this time .. I have never been arrested detained or handcuffed in my life. The security officer then said run her name public over the radio I wanna hear this as they continued to talk down to me clearly seeing I was in distress .. of course no record because I wasn't lying. As the arrest and ride to the county jail I asked the officer since I've never been through anything like this before what was going to happen.. he said I'm taking you in .. I stated .. I'm going to jail? As I started crying petrified because I've never been before.. he replied yes they will book you take your fingerprints and your picture then release you .. this started at target at 3:30ish pm and I was released from the jail at 9:45ish pm. Traumatized at the events that had occurred not only st the target but at the jail, where I was surprised and scared that Thayer put Everton a big room guys and girls and the man exposing and relieving himself when I was waiting at intake. I would like to sue target security for Profiling, harassment, slander, bullying, mistreatment to my medical needs, and cause of severe distress increasing current anxiety and PTSD disorders. Please help me lawsuit against Target, Target Security, and possibly St. Louis county jail .
***** ***** 46 year old white female.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

We cannot take customers as clients. So I cannot help you sue. I can only provide you with information about the situation you describe. If you have no questions to ask me, I can try to help you find a lawyer in your area. Would you like me to do that?