Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am hoping that there is a way to delay a foreclosure. I

Customer Question

hello, I am hoping that there is a way to delay a foreclosure. I have an auction going on today real soon and just feel like there is something I can do that I don't know about
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Dracut, ma.
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: as far as what? My house is being auctioned of in about an hour
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I want to know if there is anything I can do to jump in. I want to keep my house. had a lawyer, filed bandruptcy before
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Options:
1 negotiate with lender
2 have a lawyer negotiate. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
3. Ask the court for an emergency stay. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!