My mother has a revocable trust and poa in Texas. Her house…

Customer Question
My mother has a...

My mother has a revocable trust and poa in Texas. Her house is said to be unliveable was it the poa or the trust responsibility for the upkeep of the house or the poa in the state of texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Texas. No paperwork yet just appraisals so far of the dwelling

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I don't have anything yet just quoting what the trust company has said. Just wondering my brother was her POA and I thought it was his tesponsibility for the upkeep on her house.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

A general POA confers no obligation to take affirmative steps in the care of the principal's property, in the absence of specific instructions to the contrary. A POA merely allows a person to act in another's behalf.

A trust, on the other hand, would confer actual responsibility on the trustee to manage and maintain assets titled to the trust.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question.