I have a legal agreement on joint custody of our two

Customer Question
Hi. I have a legal...
Hi. I have a legal agreement on joint custody of our two children. They are 12 and 15 years.
We were never married.
His name on d birth Certs.
I have them during d week.
He has them at d weekends.
I get no maintenance.
He refused to bring back my children on d Monday morning 4 weeks ago.
Himself and his mother have kept them in their custody since. She is the one who does the minding of my children. Bringing them to school and collects them.
I can talk to my son on his way into the local school.
He is brought there by my former boyfriends mother and collected by her from school.
My daughter refuses to answer my texts.
My social worker can do nothing.
D Garda refuse to interfere.
Thank you
Margaret O Gorman
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
My daughter is 15yrs since last July/2017
She is brought to school in a different town. By my previous boyfriend mother, So I haven't Seen her in d past MONTH.
Thank you
In anticipation
Margaret
Answered in 6 days by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear you are in this situation. If he is in violation of the joint custody agreement, I am sorry to say that your only recourse is going back to the court and file to have him held in contempt of the court order. Only the court can enforce their order. If you are not getting any response about legal aid, you need to go to their office and meet with them and bring the copy of the joint custody order with you because they must go to court and file in court and the longer you wait for the social workers to do anything you are just delaying your case.

So, go to legal aid with your joint custody order and seek to file the contempt of court motion and seek a court order to return the children to you. That is your recourse here.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.