My Son co-signed for a co-worker for a motorcycle. The guy…

Customer Question
My Son co-signed...

My Son co-signed for a co-worker for a motorcycle. The guy is not paying. Can my son force him to return the motor cycle ? Can they garnish my son's wages?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that we know of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also advice on his girlfriends high school children. Their Dad died - No money for the kids. Can their Mom get state aid? They never got a divorce-just not living together.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/13/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Is your son on title or just the loan? Do you know why he did this or what their agreement was?