I was crossing the road with train tracks going thru it and…

Customer Question
Hello I was crossing the road...
Hello
I was crossing the road with train tracks going thru it and the ramps were up, when I looked toward the train station I saw the train that I was suppose to take back to Dublin from Bray to witch I had a ticket already and with fear that I might miss it going all around the checking ticket box I stepped on a platform directly from the road. The train driver shouted at me that I cant enter there I showed him the ticket from distence and he continued to yell at me I appologised and went back down and around.Where I come from this wouldnt be anny problem and you could even buy a ticket when on a train ..So when I came to the device that checks your ticket I got intercepted by raillway wardent I pressume to whom I also appologised for not knowing It was so wrong to go from that side. He said its againts the law and that I will get a fine of a 100€ and to give him my details to witch i Declined . I couldnt believe at first and just appologised again and said Id go take a bus instead yet when I turned to leave there was another uniformed girl preventing me to leave in any possible direction and to one point it came that ive nudged her a bit and she shouted that I asulted her , while starring at her with disbelief that she would actualy play that card the third person ran into me quite strongly I just lifted my hands toward him shouting to leave me alone and to get away from me. ...
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
when i checked to my right there must of been another 5-10 of their staff ready to jump me prity much..So i feel I was played by their company and now have to pay 200€ for tresspasing and asault . My worry here is if I pay I am automaticly guilty and is there a chance that I get prosecuted even further? If I dont it states 1000€ fine yet nobody got hurt in anny way . And is there going to be records at police records if I need to get guarda veted for some work? They arrived to collect my details since I didnt want to present them to railway staff.
With regards
Oliver
Answered in 6 days by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, under the law, you may only enter the railway from the marked platforms and entry in any other area is legally considered to be trespassing. The fact you did not know this is not an excuse for violating the law, it would only be a possible mitigating factor to explain to the judge.

The problem is the scene you say was caused by this when you refused to give your details to the law enforcement authorities and you "bumped" the law enforcement officer, this was inappropriate conduct and the reason for being charged with assault. The railway officers are law enforcement officers authorized to enforce the laws on the railways, so you just made a mistake in knowing what was going on at the time.

At this point, you do have some mitigating circumstances to get at least one of the charges removed or to make a deal with the case to avoid having a criminal record, but you would need a barrister to represent you in court and plead not guilty and go to trial and present your facts to the court and seek to get one charge dismissed or make a deal on the case to avoid a permanent record that can hurt your future employment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.