I hope so...I had work done on my house, the appraiser

Customer Question
I hope so...I had...

I hope so...I had work done on my house, the appraiser approved amount of dollars for the carpenter, he is demanding more, I know he is padding the bill, and he's threatening me with court if I don't pay him more than the approved amount.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Courtwise? No...just angry calls from him.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a written contract for a specific price? Has he done additional work he can prove to justify any additional costs he is seeking?