Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I hope so...I had work done on my house, the appraiser

Customer Question

I hope so...I had work done on my house, the appraiser approved amount of dollars for the carpenter, he is demanding more, I know he is padding the bill, and he's threatening me with court if I don't pay him more than the approved amount.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Courtwise? No...just angry calls from him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a written contract for a specific price? Has he done additional work he can prove to justify any additional costs he is seeking?