Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Question I have no idea what to do with my problem? my

Question I have no...

Question I have no idea what to do with my problem? my sister died discovered by Police from wellness check. short story, we were given X days to remove her property from her appt by landlord.* My niece & her kids helped move items out with intent all would come to my house, but being tired they took some to their appt vs my house much farther away.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WA .my niece and boyfriend broke up, she left but my sisters belongings are at their appt. and boyfriend will not allow me to collect Melanie's belongings...

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need someone to give me advice & direction how to handle this i.e. lawyer/court whatever.....is not a lot, but for me is principle it is not his

9/13/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am sorry to hear of your sister's passing and that you have to deal with additional problems related to that now.

Have you contacted the police regarding this matter?

the told me it was a civil matter
how does this man have the right to keep my sister's belongings

Thank you for that confirmation. I wanted to make sure that you attempted that avenue first.

Unfortunately, the next step is to file suit. You have two options:

• If you don't care about the specific items and just want the value of the items, you may be able to file a small claims case against him. Small claims has a limit on the value of the case.
  • If you do care about the specific items, you will need to file a regular civil case for specific performance. Specific performance is a legal term wherein the court will force the individual to turn over the items.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

my problem is I don't where to go to pursue this...where do I go for civil case for specific performance? I don't want money, I just want my sister's belongins

I understand. What county are you located in?

Mike, the ex, is being mean & petty because my niece left him....mad at me

What county is the property located in?

Pierce Co. WA
are you still there?

Yes, typing now.

It seems that your county does not provide the forms online.

However, if you go to your county's superior courthouse, they will have a self-help department that can assist you in preparing the documents and filing them to commence the law suit.

Roy Hadavi
call me now please....if not possible, I want to cancel the $59 charge
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi