I need to fins a tenant/landlord attorney. Missouri. And…

I need to fins...

I need to fins a tenant/landlord attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes and this is for a young co-worker who is very nieve and I getting the shaft

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He got garnishment papers but I thbik it should be for his mom and not him.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

My friend and his parents rented a trailer when he wa 0yrs old. His pad passes away when he was 17. He turned 18 4 months later and was still living there with his mom who did not work. His SSI pad for rent until t ran out after he graduated. They got behind and got evicted which that he understands but Him and his mom got taken to court. There judgement was against them for $800. The judge said they could pay $25 a month until pad off. Now my 18 year old friend just got served garnishment papers that will take more then the judge agreed on. I am thinking that he should not be the one to get garnished as he was a minor wen the leased was signed. It should be his mom. He is getting a bad mark on his credit before he has even had his own place. Is this legal?

Great thanks! Just a moment...Remember, if you get an automatic phone call request and you would not like a phone call, you’re welcome to reject the offer.

I am just trying to get some advice for this young man. His dad passed away last year and this kid is lost as to what to do. He is shy and should of spoke up in count but didn't know. His mom is not a good role model. I can't afford to do the phone call. I am just trying to help with some good advice.

I can see what you mean. This one is a little bit tricky. So, if he was over 18 years old and living on the premises, then he is going to be considered a tenant, even if he wasn’t on the lease agreement. If there was an implied-in-fact agreement between him and the landlord that he would stay on the property after he turned 18, then he turned into a month-to-month tenant, as far as the law is concerned. This means that he would have the same rights and responsibilities as anyone that is on the lease. However, he could make the argument that he was not a tenant if he was not on the lease agreement and if the lease agreement prohibited subtenants, then the judge made a mistake in making him a tenant. He could make this argument by filing an appeal to the original judgment, if there is still time.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer