Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Ohio, Civil suit from a company that doesn't exist...the

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Civil suit from a company that doesn't exist...the firm is telling me that a civil suit is being filed against me for the sum of 1,050. for dvd's. The individual told me that they can attach for ten years lien's on my property and my car, plus garnish wages. I'm disabled with social security.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They offered me two buyouts, one, payment's per month or pay off a lesser sum.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
You should demand proof of debt in writing. Social security cannot be touched. It may we'll be a scam which you can ignore or report. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!