A CAR DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEE TRIED TO MAKE US BUY A CAR THAT I…

Customer Question
A CAR DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEE...

A CAR DEALERSHIP EMPLOYEE TRIED TO MAKE US BUY A CAR THAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE OK BUT WHICH MY WIFE SAID SHE COULDN'T DRIVE BECAUSE SHE WAS TOO SHORT. WE GAVE THEM ELEVEN HUNDRED IN CASH AND A CHECK FOR FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY AS A DOWN PAYMENT.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

WHEN WE DISCOVERED THE PROBLEM WE CALLED THE LEGAL HELP FOR SENIORS AND ASKED IF WE SHOULD PUT A STOP ON THE $580 CHECK. THEY SAID THAT WOULD BE THE THING TO DO, SO WE DID. NOW THE CAR COMPANY HAS THEIR LAWYERS CALLING AND THREATENING US.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Did wife drive the car before you gave them any money?

.

If so, why did you give them money if wife didn't' want the car?

.

Did you sign a written purchase contract for the car?

.

Who has the car now?

.

.

thanks