Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in senior housing. They have allowed a cat to live in

Customer Question

I live in senior housing. They have allowed a cat to live in the building knowing that i am highly allergic to animals. They have all the documention from my doctors. HUD has said that if a resident wants an animal they can have one as long as it it a doctors note stating such. I have rented from them for 11 years and i am a human being just asking to keep the animals away since this building is one on the smaller ones. They have 5 senior buildings. I live in Provo, Utah
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Utah
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Like what for example?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Six years ago i lived in the big building of 80 apts. The same issue happen then. They finally moved me into a smaller building where there has been no animals here.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry this happened.
what can I answer for you?