My question is this I was terminated from job with ARCA as…

Customer Question
My question is this...

My question is this I was terminated from job with ARCA as maintenance tech because I received three call ins from the 1-800 number on the back of the van which was my work truck in 17 months that I was there.First two callers never left name or phone number .I have no points or accidents ..

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

The state of New Mexico and the van is about 15 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was told to sign the documents and I wrote a comment on each one denying each instance.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with extensive labor law experience. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Unfortunately, New Mexico is an at-will employment state. That means that either you or the employer can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason or no reason at all. The limitation is that employers cannot terminate an employee for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or retaliation for exercising an employee's legal right.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.