Is the DMV information connected to ICE? Can someone renew…

Is the DMV information connected...
Is the DMV information connected to ICE? Can someone renew their license if they're not supposed to be here?
9/12/2017
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Sir,

I have attempted to communicate with you several times, but you are not responsive. I will answer you here, but I require more information.

In what state is this?

I'm not getting any questions I'm sorry in California

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: California issues driver's licenses to individuals even if they cannot show lawful status. California also does not share DMV information with ICE, unless they are required to by a court order.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer
Thank you