Deposition subpenoa

Customer Question
Deposition subpenoa
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
I live in Oregon and two years ago on July 6, 2015 i was involved in a collision.The scenario was, that there was a red light at an intersection. The cars in front of me had come to a stop, as did i. Then a car came up behind me in the right lane and stopped. Because we were in the right lane, someone ended up turning right on the red which is legal to do. All the cars in that lane moved up a car length. When it came to my turn to move forward, I did so and stopped and the lady behind did the same but didn't stop, resulting in her rearending me. The force of the impact caused my vehicle the colide with the vehicle in front of me.Three vehicles are now blocking the right lane. I was the car in the middle and didn't get out immediately as I was in a bit of shock. This happened in front of a business and an employee from the business ran out to check and see if everyone was okay. He knocked on the driver side window to check on me.Basically, everyone was okay, no one was transported, but there was some complaint from one driver that her neck was hurting. Police and medics were also called to the scene, no one was cited, everyone was insured.
(Note, I was driving a vehicle through zipcar, a ride sharing company and was fully insured.)After the investigation and I do was exchanged each driver drove away. The lady that had caused the collision her insurance called me later to interview me and begin an investigation to see if their driver was liable.After concluding the investigation they stated they were taking liability for the loss and began working on a settlement. The settlement was agreed upon and I received payment.Now two years later, I received a subpenoa to give my deposition as a witness to the plaintiffs attorney. The plaintiff who's name is ***** ***** the party my vehicle was forced into. The defendant is the one who descended me, her name is Esmeralda.Apparently Tammy is suing Esmeralda. I called the plaintiffs law firm to get a better idea as to what was going on. Apparently, Esmeralda isstating the accident was caused by my wrong doing, although I have documentation that she was at fault and her insurance paid for the expenses.I'm not sure what I need to do in this case.
Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for? We are not permitted to give you legal advice as to what you should or should not do in this case specifically.

Should I reach out to a lawyer since I have documents proving that I was not at fault?

If you have been served with a deposition subpoena it indicates that you must shown up to have your deposition taken at the time and place shown on the subpoena; or file a timely motion to quash the subpoena and a motion for protective order so that you do not end up being sanctioned by the judge. It appears that the lawyer is wanting to find out what you know as an eye witness and to have your testimony recorded while under oath.

Did this answer your question?

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

I basically knew what the subpenoa meant but thank you for taking g the time to answer that. I think I may to refer to an actual lawyer within my county to get my questioned amswered.

What exactly is your legal question? You asked if you should reach out to the lawyer; but the answer I provided is telling you that simply reaching out to the lawyer is of little use since there is a subpoena that you MUST comply with or file specific legal documents to protect yourself if you cannot attend. What did I miss?

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney