How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118777
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in escambia road prison. He is indigent, I am on

Customer Question

My name is***** son is in escambia road prison. He is indigent, I am on disability and in the hospital. He needs an attorney or public defender. When he was in the Marines, he received a serious head injury when he and his fellow Marines were jumped by a rugby team when his ship was in port in Australia. He was hospitalized with head injuries. He was told he had some brain damage. After that, he started acting strange and was discharged for using drugs. He was arrested here in Pensacola for possession. He violated and ended up in the road prison. His name is***** He needs to get on a rehab program. I am wondering if you might help me find him council. Please can you help him? My phone number is(###) ###-#### If you need to call me. Thank you
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Florida and it happened earlier this year. I am sorry I don't know the exact date
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: When he was in the jail, he had an arraignment and his court hearing is scheduled for Nov 20
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, like I said, we are poor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Please feel free to ignore any requests for phone service, the experts do not send them and they are auto generated by the site.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

A public defender is appointed to any person in FL charged with a crime involving jail time who cannot afford an attorney. The court should appoint a public defender for him on his first appearance, but if due to his head injury he is not aware of this, here is the information for you to call the Escambia County Public Defender's Office:

Escambia County M.C. Blanchard Judicial Center 190 Governmental Center Pensacola, FL 32502. Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.