I been represented by the lawyer to file a compliant as

Customer Question
I been represented by...

I been represented by the lawyer to file a compliant as personal Injury occurred on the Bus Stop, I was a rider I swipe my card on the Bus Driver Box after I took a seat on the Seat Passenger and the whole seats collapsed, there was observed and evaluated by the Layer to be represented an file a demand to the City Bus. He file a demand for $30,000.00 plus 2 years of Medical Treatment to the Director of the DATA Bus, he responded with some money or settlement case, the lawyer received the offer with a check, He never told me any amount or any thing about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

North Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the whole evidence is with EMS bills and reported statement, Photos from the DATA Bus supervisor and the ER from the Hospital

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have the Demand copy filed in full statement.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The lawyer must account for what he received and turn over the copy of the check and any settlement so you can confirm. The lawyer is only entitled to keep whatever fee you agreed to, normally 1/3 of the recovery. If lawyer refuses you may report lawyer to local lawyer disciplinary committee and may first write the lawyer and demand this information with a short deadline to produce before doing so. Such a letter should be met with a detailed explanation with back up.

The next step I went to the court to file a Civil Claim with the whole evidence and he hard copies is on my position, I went to NC bar Association telling me this same thing

If lawyer collected, lawyer has to account for collection and if you threaten to sue and report to the discplinary bar, the latter being free option to clients, lawyer should comply.