My son and his wife are looking to get a divorce. He thought…

Customer Question
My son and his...

My son and his wife are looking to get a divorce. He thought it would be simple , but she wants money every month. They have a daughter he takes care of her and all her needs. So will he half to pay her every month

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They just decided to get a divorce. He is self employed with his dad. They do separate taxes. So all the equipment bought is in his father and my name his mother. So do we have to sell equipment.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

ok

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: If he has to pay alimony, it would be based on his income, her income, and her proven needs. He would be responsible only for that the court requires of him if anything. How he makes that money to pay her (whether he sells the equipment to earn the money) is not the concern of the court.

So no, it is not necessarily true that he would be required to sell the equipment.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!