Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

L would like to file a complaint on a federal correctional…

L would like to...

L would like to file a complaint on a federal correctional officer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It was reported to the federal prison in bryan tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I wanted to know if it was legal for a correctional officer to have an affair with someone who is on parole

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/12/2017
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. You will want to file a civil rights complaint. Where in Texas did this occur so I can provide a link for civil rights Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in the area?

"I wanted to know if it was legal for a correctional officer to have an affair with someone who is on parole" That is not only a conflict of interest but a violation on the part of the correction officer.

You would file a complaint against the officer with the Department of Justice.

U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
Special Litigation Section, PHB***** NW
Washington, D.C. 20530

You would also file at:

"Federal Correctional Facilities

Follow the process below to file a complaint about Bureau of Prisons (BOP) facilities. This includes complaints about a particular facility, policy, or procedure, or allegations of abuse.

Give the complaint a reasonable amount of time to progress before going on to the next step. Qualified legal advice, as always, remains an option." https://www.usa.gov/prisons#item-36657

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

12 Sept 2017, 10:37 AM

Thank you for your consideration.

Offer Premium Service Offer Premium Service

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney