How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 57693
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found out this summer that I have been paying for Farm and

Customer Question

Good Morning,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I found out this summer that I have been paying for Farm and Ranch property ins. and should only have been paying Home and property. I bought my home (in the country) in 2003. I have asked several times over the years why I have the Farm and Ranch policy as my home is a single level on 1 and 1/2 acres. Never got an answer till this year when I asked again.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Iowa
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: I presented this to my lawyer who could not pursue a case due to conflict of interest. The 2nd lawyer I contacted looked at my material and said he will not take the case due to schedule issues and not having experience in the intricate workings of insurance laws.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am just looking for reimbursement of money I have been paying since 2003. I was a single mom at that time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.

Where overpaid insurance, insurer should return the overpayments. You should create a timeline or chart to identify the years and amounts, and can also complain to the insurance department if needed. Finally, a lawyer can send a demand letter and a state civil lawsuit could be filed as needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the info. It is helpful.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Kindly rate me 5 stars.