My accountant shipped me my 2016 TAX Forms information

Customer Question
My accountant shipped me...

My accountant shipped me my 2016 TAX Forms information papers via FEDX. FEDAX lost the envelope. To this day they haven't found my package. I immediately signed up with Life lock. FEDX has not responded all they said they lost it! To wash there hands they returned the amount for there shipping... WHAT ARE MY LEGSL OPTIONS?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I believe my accountant has. I spoke with cooperate Rep

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't know

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you today.

You may have a right to sue FEDEX for breach of contract and conditions of carriage for loss of your goods in transit.

Your damages would be the cost of your accountant resending the same tax forms.

You can obtain a copy of their conditions of carriage upon request.

Once you have a monetary assessment of your loss you can consider suing FEDEX in the small claims court.

This can be done for amounts less than $15,000.

You will need a final statement from FEDEX before filing a claim and their denial letter; so you can request this formally by writing to them setting out your claim firstly.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me if you require any more assistance.

In return I rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better before exiting today.

So i hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

How can I determine a monetary amount if our personal information is compromised. AKA identity theft?