I have been struggling with a t worn meniscus tear and

Customer Question
I have been struggling...

I have been struggling with a t worn meniscus tear and arthritis in the knee since June. I went to physical therapy and did all I could do there. Now I was referred to an orthopedic surgeon and He said that he didn't want me on my knee for extended periods of time to keep from having further damage. This diagnosis was given to me on Aug 22, 2017 but my surgery is not scheduled until Nov 20, 2017. My short term disability provider just contacted me and told me that because I was not doing any pre operative activities, and just staying at home, that I was not eligible for the insurance. I just want to know if that is correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My doctor filed the papers for the disability, but that was it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to know if that was right or not.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

That is not correct. They cannot exclude based on this arbitrary basis which is not grounds for coverage. He would need to point to a specific provision of exclusion to claim this, which from what you mentioned, he has not and cannot.

Tina, Lawyer