A employee got some dirt particles in his eye (while wearing…

Customer Question
A employee got some...

A employee got some dirt particles in his eye (while wearing his safety glasses) while he was emptying a trash can, he reported the dirt in his eye to the jobsite safety department, after administering first aid and removed the dirt from his eye, he was requested to submit to a drug urine test.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in?

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, is this legal, can the employer force a drug screen test after he reported a simple first aid (dirt in the eye)? Also he was terminated for the fact that he did not have to urinate there for could not give a sample, also the person requesting the test had him pull down his pants and underwear in front of him and was standing in the doorway to the small bathroom watching him........Is this legal?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

From facts mentioned, company violated internal policy, retaliated and also pursued a hostile environment. Employee can pursue a claim seeking either reinstatement or severance, which can be negotiated by employment counsel locally. Employee should prepare a timeline of the events, and can retain local counsel to negotiate through avvo.com and martindale.com

he should get a lawyer?

Yes, to negotiate initially, and sue secondly.

Good luck!

Kindly rate the answer 5 stars.