Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Warrant for a m1, if not executed what are statue of

Customer Question

warrant for a m1, if not executed what are statue of limitation on it in state of Ohio?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: issued sept 8 2015, state of Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not reslly, except was a ex wife..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Unfortunately, there is no statute of limitations on arrest warrants and they remain in force indefinitely until they are either executed or are recalled by the issuing judge. See Ohio Statutes 2901.13

.

(F) A prosecution is commenced on the date an indictment is returned or an information filed, or on the date a lawful arrest without a warrant is made, or on the date a warrant, summons, citation, or other process is issued, whichever occurs first.

.

(H) The period of limitation shall not run during any time when the accused purposely avoids prosecution.

.

.

So if there is a warrant outstanding, if law enforcement runs a check, they will have to immediately arrest and transport the person to the nearest jail awaiting extradition..

.

Typically the best way this is handled is to contact a local criminal law attorney and see if he can talk to the judge and have him recall the warrant and convert it to a summons so the person can appear in court to address the charges without fear of being arrested at an inconvenient time..

.

.

thanks