Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What are my options in suing Equifax? Utah

Customer Question
what are my options in...
what are my options in suing Equifax ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Utah
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

The options are: (1) join an existing class action; (2) find a lawyer to represent you as an individual; or (3) to represent you as the lead plaintiff in a separate class action.

A lawsuit has already been filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, on behalf of all possible plaintiffs in the USA. If you have an Equifax credit file (and every adult person in the USA has a file), then you will eventually be notified of your right to opt out of the class action. At that time, you can stay in the class action, or opt out out, and sue on your own or try to find a lawyer to make you lead plaintiff in a separate class action.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

socrateaser, Lawyer