Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Is it possible to beat an open.container charge in

Is it possible to beat an open.container charge in Mississippi

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm licensed in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.

In Mississippi, the driver and passengers of a vehicle are actually permitted to drink, but the driver may not be intoxicated beyond the legal blood-alcohol content level of .08%. However, many cities and counties have city ordinances that prohibit an open container in a vehicle.

With this charge, the main issue is whether or not the officer has probable cause to make the stop. If there is no probable cause, then the citation could be dismissed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My tag light was lit but hanging

Ok. Thanks.

If the officer can establish probable cause for the stop, then it is very difficult to defeat an open container offense. However, to good news is that this is a minor offense and shouldn't cause you much trouble.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Minor offense. MMisdemeanor

Yes, it's a misdemeanor, which is the most minor of any criminal offense.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not good in government
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks

No problem and good luck with this. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I keep it out. Court

You can try to non-adjudicate the offense and keep it off of your record. The only other option would be to try and have the charge remanded.......but you'd probably need a lawyer for either of these.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Non adjudicate?
Non-adjudication is basically a freebie for a first misdemeanor offense. You can file for non-adjudication and keep the offense off of your record.
If you want to look into that, you should consult a local lawyer.
This is so because there are no forms for non-adjudication proceedings.
Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting.Thanks again!