I paid an attorney in 2015 to represent a loved one

Customer Question
I paid an attorney...

I paid an attorney in 2015 to represent a loved one incarcerated. he has cut communication with me by not returning my phone calls, emails and txt messages. i have contacted the state bar and they told me they could not help me because i am not the client; however, i did research and learned this particular attorney never registered my family member as his client. what can i do to get my money back

Lawyer's Assistant: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.

Wht

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in N nc. the client is from GA. that's where i paid the lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I checked with the surperior court clerks office and i received documentation of the previous attorneys but not the one that i hired which is the most recent. i checked in 2017

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Some lawyers focus solely on legal malpractice. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"