Can you answer a question regarding an old search warrant…

Customer Question
Hello, can you answer...

Hello, can you answer a question regarding an old search warrant conducted and if it shows on a background check?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

VA. Search warrant conducted November of last year. Nothing ever done from it...never heard from law enforcement after that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but not for about 6 months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/12/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am going to assume the background check is NOT being run by a government agency or a law enforcement agency. If it is, reply and let me know.

Search warrants do not come up on background searches. Meaning, they are not public record. Assuming that the individual whose property was searched was never charged and/or convicted, then the search warrant should not come up.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law