I contracted with a company to provide a virtual office for…

Customer Question
I contracted with a company...
I contracted with a company to provide a virtual office for me. I recently had a supplier ship merchandise for my biz to the address. The company refused to hold merchandise citing company policy. I called the supplier to ask that they pick up the merchandise and ship to my home address. The supplieruses UPD and supplies free shipping kabels. However the virtual office manager did not wait for the UPS return ad we discussed, but left the eight boxes in the lobby for an anonymous return courier to pick up. Now the boxes are missing and have not been returned to the supplier company and I am stuck with the bill. What are my options?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. If you have shipping insurance for those products, I would utilize that. Otherwise, this to me sounds like a classic case of negligence against the virtual office. Negligence simply means that there was a duty that the other party owed and they breached that duty in some way. What is most important is that it is proven that the defendant breached their duty of care because that is what mostly determines whether there is a cause of action. Basically, the question is, “Did the defendant’s actions fall below the standard of care for a reasonable person in a similar situation?” Better stated, “Would a reasonable virtual office act in a similar manner under similar circumstances.” If the answer to that question is no, then there is negligence and you are entitled to damages. Damages can be difficult to calculate, but if you click here you can use a calculator help you understand. You may need to get a civil litigation attorney in your area to negotiate something reasonable on your behalf with the office.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.