Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I am looking for a real estate lawyer in the Napa, CA.

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I am looking for a real estate lawyer in the Napa, CA. Nothing is listed, any advice?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Napa, California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing yet. My sister has embezzled money from me. We had a joint account for a ranch. She always handled paying the bills for the taxes, insurance, etc. Turns out she has drained the account for her personal use.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

If you are looking for a civil attorney to file suit against sister for the theft, unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need local counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

You would be looking for a civil litigation attorney to assist with any lawsuit, but you might also want to discuss the possibility of filing a criminal charge for the theft and see if local counsel thought that might be a good option. Even making the threat to sister might be enough to scare her into agreeing to repay the money rather than potentially be charged with a felony theft offense..

.

.

thanks