Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

How does this work? Hawaii, I tried to contact one but he

how does this work?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Hawaii
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I tried to contact one but he has not gotten back to me but I have a short amount of time to respond
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: here are the facts I threw a party for my staff and one of the females who works for me, 20 years old, invited her friends against my wishes. Anyways we drank at the staff function and she invited about 20 of her friends. Later that night everyone left except for her and 7 of her friends.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HiI conduct quarterly staff gatherings at my home where my employees consume alcohol, eat and fellowship. The event on 17 August 2018 was one such event. My manager asked me if Adriana Allen could invite some of her friends over since it would be her last week before she left for college. I agreed to it with the stipulation her friends were not to engage in drinking alcohol and were not in high school.I came home on the day of the party and Adriana was putting up decorations in my home and with 3 of her female friends. I thought this was the extent of her party. I started to drink wine and prepare food for my staff. About an hour later there were approximately 20 people that showed up that I did not know to include some of the Water Players I had coached the previous season ( I no longer coach Water Polo). By the time they had arrived I was already inebriated. My employees also arrived at this time.I instructed Adriana to the best of my ability (as I was already inebriated at this point) that I did not want anyone underage to drink and she was to have anyone that I had coached previously to leave. At that point I spent the time with my staff and drank more glasses of wine.
I was flirtatious with one of the girls, who is 19 that I had coached two years ago (Anuhea Perry). At no point did I engage in physical contact with her. This is corroborated by both of my staff members who were present until 1am. At around 1am there were approximately 7 people left at my home. I asked Adriana to have them leave but they did not. I did not feel comfortable leaving them alone in my home so I decided to remain there until they all left.
We spoke outside and I did touch Anuheas leg and back and but at no point did I touch her on any other body part that could be construed as sexual penetration and at no point did they leave as a result of my touch. I was flirtatious not just with Anuhea but all the members of that group. They left at approximately 2am at which point I went to sleep.
I contacted Adriana Allen the next morning and asked her how she was doing and if everything was ok. She responded that I was acting “weird” last night but that I did not do anything inappropriate. I apologized for being inebriated and reminded her that this was a staff party not a house party. She accepted my apology and that was the last I heard of her.
On 31 August I received a phone call from CPL Takeyama of HPD informing me that Anuhea Perry and Adriana Allen had made a complaint against me for inappropriate touching. He informed me that it was just a complaint and to be careful when opening my home up to people. On 9 September I received another phone call from Officer Takeyama informing me that Anuhea Perry had decided to pursue charges against me and that Adriana Allen had not. He did not inform me of the details of the complaint nor of nature of the potential charges that could be pressed against me.
He has requested that I come down to the station to be read my rights and to make a statement. I informed him that I would first consult a lawyer before coming in.

I'm very sorry to hear about this situation. One of the first things that you have done derstand is that you are not required to go down to the police station for any reason. Unless they have arrested you, you do not have to do anything. However, if you want to help resolve the situation, you might want to go down to the police station to tell your side of the story. One of the most important things that you have to remember is that you have the right to remain silent at all times. You do not have to answer any questions that may implicate you in a crime. Also, if at any point you would like to cut off the interview you are allowed to do so. Usually, in these cases it is smart for people just to answer very basic demographic questions such as your name, where you were coming old you are. However, if the questions start to turn regarding your guilt, I would strongly recommending saying, “I am not going to speak until I have an attorney.” also, unless they specifically place you under arrest, you can always ask, “Am I free to leave.” Of course, if what you said happened legitimately, then you could just simply explain that nothing you did was non-consensual and that nothing was even remotely sexual. By doing this, the district attorney would have a very difficult time bringing a case because it may not be worth it to do so with facts that do not yet amount of a crime. What other questions did you have for me?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank u!

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I have another question. The person changed their complaint to charges. The officer initially told,me,hitting on a 19 year girl is not breaking laws although a poor decision. That being said, are they calling me in to determine if I need to be charged and arrested? Do they drop the cjrages right there once they hear my side?

Good question. Well, right now you haven't been charged with anything at all, so keep that in mind. They are simply going through their investigatory process to determine if charges even need to be brought. If they hear your side of the story and realize that what you did was consensual and non-criminal, then they will just abandon the investigation. They'll file a police report for later use, but that's the extent of it. They won't notify you if they decide to stop pursuing the case.