Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to find out how many control buys it takes to show

Customer Question
enough probable cause to obtain...
I need to find out how many control buys it takes to show enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Snohomish co. Washington. The warrant was served may 9 of this year
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

In my experience, just one controlled buy would be enough for the police to get a warrant on the basis that they would likely find evidence of additional drug activity. A lot depends upon the facts and circumstances of the buy. The fact that the undercover only bought from the seller once, for example, doesn't mean that his team haven't watched him sell at his location all day long or that a CI steered the undercover to him in the first place.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney