My wife was involved in a car accident and the car

Customer Question
My wife was involved...

My wife was involved in a car accident and the car registration is under my name will i be accountable for the accident too.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Virginia, 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet just happened over the weekend

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is possibly. You may be held liable for negligent entrustment if the other parties believes you had reason to know that your wife was an unsafe driver and you let her borrow the car anyway. Otherwise, your insurance policy will be able to cover you and anyone driving your vehicle at the time, if it was your wife’s fault. Otherwise, the other party should be paying for the damages.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.