If i have a war rent out for my arrest in Texas am I able to…

Customer Question
If i have a...

If i have a war rent out for my arrest in Texas am I able to go into a DMV to get a replacement ID since I've lost my orginial without getting arrest?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Texas. My warrent is from 2012

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, it depends in part on the reason for the warrant. If it is a warrant that was related to your driving, then you will not be able to get a replacement ID. If the warrant was not for driving, but for something else, it is possible you could get a replacement, but that’s only if the county where the warrant was initially issued was shared with the DMV. For instance, if the warrant was issued in Harris County, and the warrant was a failure to appear, then it is probable that if you try to get an ID in Dallas County, then you can get your ID. Otherwise, if your warrant was for a DUI or some other driving-related offense, I do not think you could get your ID.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.