How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5287
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If i have a war rent out for my arrest in Texas am I able to

Customer Question

If i have a war rent out for my arrest in Texas am I able to go into a DMV to get a replacement ID since I've lost my orginial without getting arrest?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Texas. My warrent is from 2012
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, it depends in part on the reason for the warrant. If it is a warrant that was related to your driving, then you will not be able to get a replacement ID. If the warrant was not for driving, but for something else, it is possible you could get a replacement, but that’s only if the county where the warrant was initially issued was shared with the DMV. For instance, if the warrant was issued in Harris County, and the warrant was a failure to appear, then it is probable that if you try to get an ID in Dallas County, then you can get your ID. Otherwise, if your warrant was for a DUI or some other driving-related offense, I do not think you could get your ID.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.