Thank you for your time. I was convicted of Grand Larceny (

Customer Question
Thank you for your...

Thank you for your time. I was convicted of Grand Larceny ( shoplifting ) and given probation for 3yrs. This was last year around the same time. I have received 2 visits from a Deputy Sherif when I wasn't home. I have reason to think I may be arrested for the same thing or parol violation. He asked me to call. I feel very uncertain since I currently have no representation. Any thoughts? Cindy

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Virginia. I was visited sometime on this past weekend and today.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No one returned my call

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm no longer in touch w/my lawyer from last year I do some work from home.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 9 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Have you done anything to make you think you violated probation? Honestly?

Please note the website's reply for the call request: "Payment for this service failed." A lot of times, it is because it snags to verify the charge. You may wish to contact your card's customer service and confirm it is okay.

Now look, I am going to be completely honest. If you violated probation, and if the PO likely knows about it, chances are, they will violate your probation, or at least talk about the situation. If the PO has never asked you to call them and has never came to look for you, and all of a sudden does (around the time they may have found out about your violation), chances are that is the reason.

Running from it only makes things worse. The more you avoid the situation, the less likely the PO will agree to work with you. Keep in mind that the PO has the ability to overlook the discrepancy. If you show good will, then perhaps the PO will give you another chance.

And of course there is the possibility that they simply want to address an unrelated issue.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law