If I won a case in small claims court and the defendant did…

Customer Question
If I won a...

If I won a case in small claims court and the defendant did an appeal does that make him the defendant or is he the Plantiff?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?

Pennslyvania.. Landlord tenant

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 9 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Is the other party seeking any damages from you?

What I want to know if the defendant lost in court and he did an appeal does that make him the plaintiff and I'm the defendant

Generally the upper court keeps the style and designation of the lower court when they hear the case so the plaintiff in the lower court will be the plaintiff in the upper court as well.

Thank you that's all I need to know
Please cancel my free trial

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can get credit for my work.

I'll be glad to notify the moderators but I still need you to issue your rating so the website records that I answered your question.