Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If I won a case in small claims court and the defendant did

Customer Question

If I won a case in small claims court and the defendant did an appeal does that make him the defendant or is he the Plantiff?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: Pennslyvania.. Landlord tenant
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Is the other party seeking any damages from you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What I want to know if the defendant lost in court and he did an appeal does that make him the plaintiff and I'm the defendant
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Generally the upper court keeps the style and designation of the lower court when they hear the case so the plaintiff in the lower court will be the plaintiff in the upper court as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you that's all I need to know
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel my free trial
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can get credit for my work.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I'll be glad to notify the moderators but I still need you to issue your rating so the website records that I answered your question.