I bid on several silent auction items at a local church

Customer Question
I bid on several...

I bid on several silent auction items at a local church yesterday. I was by two when the end bell rang, so I know I won them. There was over $800 bid for my items. I took a cell phone picture of the two I was standing next to, so I have proof they were my number. They have not called me regarding the items, and most people have already picked up theirs. I suspect they let a church member who had a lower bid get the items. Do I have any legal rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, waited the whole day to hear my items were at the church, and to go and pay my bill

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what recourse do I have", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

do they have to give the silent auction item to the highest bidder, or can they give it to a friend at a lower bid?
no, do not call, I can see you are scamming me--no more contact

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

I am certainly more than happy to opt-out but this website has more than a million satisfied customers and I personally have answered questions from more than 20,000 people who were satisfied. If you received an email asking whether you wanted a telephone call or something else, it comes directly from the website and not from me and I don't participate in that program anyway.