How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42860
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My second question is regarding a vehicle for which I took

Customer Question

My second question is regarding a vehicle for which I took out a PERSONAL LOAN for $3500 on my own, without Keith on the application. I believe I would list this on form JDF 1111 Section B, but here would it be listed as "J" or just "C/R" (as I am the Respondent)?
Related to this, in our Separation Agreement, JDF 1115 page 2, Section B, We will list our SUBARU (free and clear) which will be assigned to him, as well as my vehicle (ACURA) just purchased in my name with a Personal Loan balance of $3500. Under the percentages listed there, for my vehicle I'm going to be making all the payments - but the fact is we have agreed that he'll pay me half of what I owe. Do I mark here that I'll be 100% responsible for the vehicle just purchased?
Related to this, on page 6 of the same form under Section 2, Debts (unsecured), I will need to list the $3500 Acura Loan here, with me 100% responsible.
Then on page 7, Section 4 Maintenance Agreement, I am asking for a total of $4500 although we still need to work out how that will be paid. This total includes what he will pay me to cover half the ACURA balance ($1900 including tax, etc), which, as long as he agrees to that, I will agree to taking over the Acura payments 100%. See what I'm getting at? i.e., does that all add up as it should?In that same section, of the $4500 I'm requesting from him, I don't see how to stipulate that $2250 be paid as a lump sum at the time our divorce is granted, with the remaining $2250 be paid out in 12 equal monthly payments of $187.50. Can you help me with that?I just want to make sure I'm reading this right and that the way we are figuring
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 month ago.

It is a J if you bought it during marriage even if the note is in your name, you can then put it in separation agreement where you are awarded the vesicle together with any indebtedness thereon.I would put the description and VIN number in the settlement agreement here.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.