Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Uncle in hospital room. 5 weeks now. As of Sunday they put a

Customer Question

Uncle in hospital room. 5 weeks now. As of Sunday they put a huge camera to "monitor" him. We feel this violates his rights and he did not consent nor did any of us family give consent. Can we have it removed?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Iowa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. We will get to transfer him tomorrow to Madonna rehab hospital and have been stuck with their terrible care for so long we don't want to do anything before we for sure get him the hell outta there.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me some time to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Is your uncle competent? I he awake, aware of his surroundings, able to carry on conversations, etc?