Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Can the state of Arizona confiscate money from a trust

Customer Question

Can the state of Arizona confiscate money from a trust account for state. Care? I don't know what kind of trust it is but she is the only one that can take it out. It is willed to her 2 children.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Yes, there are several types of trusts, in fact most of them, which will allow garnishment of the funds in the trust or the income from the trust depending on the specific facts of the case. To know whether this one allows it, you would have to take the trust to a local attorney and have them review it. Also, if the trust was funded or substantially funded at a time other than at its creation you would also need to have the documents which provides details on the funding.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.