Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I lived with a friend for 1 month without signing any form

Customer Question

I lived with a friend for 1 month without signing any form of lease or rental agreement. I paid her the full months rent. Now that I have moved out, she is with holding a little over 100 dollars of mine, which I trusted to her hold for an unrelated situation. Now she is refusing to give me back the 100 I let me her hold stating, "emotional reasons" ie: I didn't sweep my room when I moved out AND for bills for the months of august
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our "friendship" ended over some pretty sad drug related issues on both of our accounts but both of which are in the past.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?