Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Travel insurance carrier refuses to validate my claim it is

a conn.based company. can i...
travel insurance carrier refuses to validate my claim it is a conn.based company. can i sue the. the amount in small claims the amount is $6000-.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CONN.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: THE COMPANY HAS REJECTED ALL MY INFO TO THEM
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE AMOUNT IS $6000-AND I LIVE IN N.Y. CAN I SUE THEM IN SMALL CLAIMS IN N.Y.
9/11/2017
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You would first need to check to see whether your insurance policy contains a mandatory arbitration clause. If it does, you cannot sue, you must go through arbitration instead. Arbitration is basically like an out-of-court trial where the rules of evidence are more relaxed.

If your policy does not include a mandatory arbitration clause, then yes you could sue in small claims court on a breach of contract theory.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

THANK YOU

You are very welcome. Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Was there anything else I can do for you before we wrap up?

LegalPro54
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer