I had a severe brain injury in a car wreck in 2012 and had…

Customer Question
I had a severe...

I had a severe brain injury in a car wreck in 2012 and had to put off treatment for cancer to deal with it. I was remodeling my house at the time,and had to stop working on it. I'm passed the cancer part but not the brain injury. the city of El Reno says i signed a paper giving them permission to tear down my house after giving me 90 days to finish it. I should have a guardian because of the brain injury but don't I need to stop the demo, of my house so i can have a reasonable amount of time to work on it. I never would have agreed to let them tear down my house but have no memory of signing the paper though i found a copy. I need to stop them from tearing down my home and putting me on the street so i can go back to work on it. I just got it paid for last year, and it's to nice to tear down anyway. I feel like they took advantage of my being a vulnerable person just to do this to me. I may have a discrimination case against them, but need attorney to help me otherwise they will force me out onto the street.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I need to stop the condemnation so i can go back to work on my houise

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not by me but oi guesstheyhave

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to do file emergency Motion to the Town Board to stop the demo because you gave the consent when you were not capable of doing so. If the Town refuses, then you need to go to your local Courthouse and file emergency Motion to stop the demolition. You can obtain Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law