Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question as specific as possible in answer for

Customer Question

I have a question as specific as possible in answer for warrants for fines due since 2007 and if there would be jail time if the police was given the address and name of the person the warrants belong to. He als owes the IRS several thousand dollars and back child support for his now grown children for several thousand dollars, both which were taken from his check when he was working. He is no longer working. He is a drug addict. I am trying to get him put in jail or prison for a good amount of time so that he is away from the drugs and the apartment where he lives and is behind on rent. I am worried that if I call the police that he will get arrested for the day and then let go and that wouldn't do anything to help him. I don't know what information you need to have to help me sor out what I want to know. So lt me know.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Maine. He has 3 warrants. All for fines unpaid....for what initially I don't know. 2 of them are from 2007 and one from 2006 or 2008 I believe. He uses a fake name when he has been stopped a few times over the years, but the apartment he is in, is in his real name.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no. I don't know who to talk to I live in texas. I am his girlfriend. Or I was.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure what else he/she would need to know. but I am an open book and know a lot about him
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.